We had our best day ever at the farmer’s market today. Thanks to everyone who helped us get ready, visited the booth, asked us random questions, and bought stuff!
Here are my random observations about market shoppers, in no particular order:
- When we have bigger piles of stuff, people buy a LOT more. Doesn’t matter what it is.
- The serious vegetable shoppers come out early. People who are more leisurely come later & also buy more flowers.
- Once berry guy runs out of berries, I can apparently sell the amount of berries I bring for any price I set.
- The serious shoppers are repeat shoppers.
- If I have something that no one else has, it will almost always disappear rapidly.
- No one seems to care that I am not USDA certified organic, as long as I tell them I don’t spray any chemicals on anything.
We’re moving to a new spot at the market next week. We are looking forward to this because we’ll be able to park the truck behind us instead of having to move it after set up and bring it back for tear down. Hopefully the customers will still be able to find us!